Saturday 4 April 2009

A Quick Introduction

Hi everyone,

My name is Tom and I'm the creator of Get Fit for Cricket. Basically, I'm fed up of the fitness industry, especially when it comes to Cricketing matters.

About a year ago, I started wondering about such matters as:

How can I bowl faster?
How can I jump higher?
How can I run faster?
How can I hit the ball harder?
How can I throw faster and further?

To me, these seemed like fairly important questions. However, I was shocked to find that the game's understanding of cricket bio-mechanics (especially bowling) is very poor. I've read some incredible things in this time period. For example, I read a website suggesting that all real quick bowlers have a 'stiff back'- a completely unfounded claim without a shred of evidence to back it up!

I've done quite a lot of research on these questions. Science provides answers and I intend to provide you with these answers over the next few weeks, months even longer, depending on the feedback I recieve. Whenever possible, I'll provide links to peer reviewed scientific papers to back up my claims.

I would like to make it clear that this blog is about being fit for cricket, so I'll only disucss technical matters when I think its necessary and useful to.


Possibly the most important thing is that I'll never push a particular product or try and sell you anything. Everything I'll provide on this blog will be completely free.

Please feel free to email me or leave comments, I guarantee to reply to every correspondence I receive, just as long as it's sports related.

Enjoy and don't forget to ask questions!

Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment